By registering for any services on this Site or by providing any information to us, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information that we collect from you
There are parts of this Site where we may need to collect personal information from you for a specific purpose, such as to provide you with certain information you request, where requested to register you to our newsletter or enable you to use our online car parking booking service. Collection is facilitated through the use of online forms and every time you email or provide us with your details (i.e. over the telephone, by fax, mail). The information collected from you may include but is not limited to:
- your name, address, landline or mobile telephone numbers, fax number and e-mail address;
- your date of birth;
- credit card information;
- how you would normally travel to the Airport;
- where you normally park at the Airport;
- how often you fly each year from the Airport and whether it is predominantly for business or leisure purposes;
- which three destinations you fly to on business most;
- what information you are particularly interested in receiving from us;
- details of the ways in which you are happy to receive information from us and/or selected third parties; and
- information collected to use the on-line car park booking service (such as details of the airline you are travelling with, your departure flight number, your flight destination, your age and how you heard about jetSet parking offers.
- offer games, contests and other promotional activities that may require online registration. Persons wishing to participate in those activities will be asked to provide certain personal information. Some of the information requested for this purpose is optional, but other information, such as email address, is mandatory because it will be needed to notify and identify winners;
- require the selection of a user ID and password for the use of some of its services or activities;
- offer you the opportunity to receive email updates and announcements concerning our services and special promotions. Personal information you have provided to us may be used to facilitate those communications;
- collect information about you from e-mails, letters, telephone calls, customer satisfaction forms or from any other communications you send to or have with us;
- collect additional information automatically about your visit to our Site.
We encourage visitors to the Site to contact us with questions and comments. Email addresses and other information in relation to persons doing so may also be collected in order to facilitate our responses to those inquiries.
You will find that it is not compulsory to provide us with any additional information we request which is not necessary or reasonable in order to provide you with the services you have requested. Furthermore, please note that our policy is not to ask for sensitive personal data – that is, data relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinion; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual orientation; criminal records. We recommend that you do not provide such information to us. If you choose to do so for any reason, this will mean that you have given (and we accept) your explicit consent for us to use that information for the reasons described in this policy, or as explained at the time you provide the information.
Use of Information Collected
Domain name information that we collect is not used to personally identify you and instead is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve its content.
When other personal information, such as your name and e-mail address, is collected from you with your consent (for example, through the use of on-line forms or via e-mail etc.) we generally let you know at the time of collection how we will use that personal information. We may also use the personal information you provide or which we collect via this Site for the purposes of:
- providing any goods or services that you have requested from us, subscribing to receive our newsletters or information relating to changes and developments at jetSet Parking, or subscribing to receive information in relation to airline/tour operators who fly from the Airport;
- billing you and contacting you where necessary concerning your orders (such as for car parking at jetSet Parking);
- responding to your inquiries or to process your requests in relation to your information;
- providing and personalizing our services generally;
- administering records of our subscription services;
- carrying out market research campaigns;
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource;
- providing you with access to all parts of our Site; and
- where necessary, crime prevention and prosecution of offenders.
Except with your permission or as provided herein, we will not sell or rent personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes or use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Site or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to contact you by letter, telephone, fax, SMS or by e-mail to let you know about other products and services:
- which we offer and which may be of interest to you;
- which are offered by other companies within JETSET PARKING; or
- which are offered jointly with or on behalf of other organizations.
If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we may store on your computer to enable our server to collect certain information from your web browser. Cookies and other similar technology make it easier for you to log on to and use the Site during future visits. It also allows us to monitor website traffic, to identify you when you visit this Site, to personalize the content of the Site for you and to enable you to both carry out transactions and have access to information about your account. Cookies are read only by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your web browser. However, please note that switching off cookies will mean that you may not be able to use certain features on our Site.
Personal information you provide to us will be held on servers in Canada and the United Kingdom, and may be accessed by or given to our staff and to third parties including our business partners (such as our web agency, database management company and our car parking management company), government bodies, national security authorities and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf, who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfill and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support and other services on our behalf. We may also:
- disclose personal information you have provided through our Site to persons or companies that we retain to carry out promotions and other activities for which you have registered or in which you have otherwise asked to participate;
- pass aggregate information on the usage of our Site (e.g. we might disclose the median ages of visitors to our Site, or the numbers of visitors to our Site that come from different geographic areas) to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you personally;
- allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you (where you have consented to us doing so). They may contact you by letter, telephone, fax, SMS or by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let we or they know.
Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Countries outside Canada do not always have strong data protection laws, however we have taken steps to ensure that your information will be used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Users 16 and under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Security of Information Collected and Data Retention
We employ strict physical, electronic, and administrative security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage both on-line and off-line. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Internet Based Transfers and Disclaimer
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore by browsing this Site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way.
Whereas we or our licensees employ reasonable measures to protect against viruses and other harmful components, the nature of the internet is such that it is impossible to ensure that your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that this Site, its servers or emails which may be sent by us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The contents of this Site are designed to comply with the general obligations of the European Directives on Data Protection and E-Privacy. We are not responsible for non-compliance with any local advertising or other guidelines in relation to this Site or its contents.
Accessing and Updating
Under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, 2000, c.5, you are entitled to see the personal information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided at the Contact Us page. We may require proof of your identity before we supply the information to you.
Depending on the size and scope of the request, we may charge an administrative fee of $● (page/activity?) to cover the costs of retrieving the information and you are encouraged to contact us to ascertain whether a fee will be applied to your request at the Contact Us page.
Changes to this Policy
(Use of the terms “We/we”, “Our/our” and “Us/us” herein shall refer to Edmonton Regional Airports Authority and any reference to “You/you” or “Your/your” shall mean you, the user of this Site)
Edmonton Regional Airports Authority
5th Floor Central Tower, Main Terminal Building
1, 1000 Airport Road
Edmonton International Airport, AB T9E 0V3